What Steps Should be Taken for Basic Skincare?
Having a glowing, flawless, and smooth skin is a blessing that many people take for granted. The smooth and moisturized skin is ideal, and there are different ways to achieve that. This is why you can find many other skincare products in the market that promise to deliver flawless results. However, not all of these products work, and you should not blindly trust these brands or their products. If you want smooth and glowing skin, you can follow some steps and procedures so that you can get the best results.
Things to do for skincare
1) Using the right cleanser for the skin type: If you have an acne-prone or oily skin, then benzoyl peroxide or salicylic gel wash does wonder for your skin. If you have dry skin, then you must use milky cleanser or moisturizing glycolic solutions. If you have melasma or brown spots on the skin, then brightening wash like alpha hydroxy acid is recommended.
2) Regular moisturizing: The ideal time for moisturizing is when you get off the shower and before going to bed. When you are moisturizing, you must avoid lotions that have heavy fragrances, and instead, those moisturizers that come with no irritation.
3) Hydration: Keeping yourself adequately hydrated is one of the most important requirements for basic skincare. Hydration keeps your skin smooth and radiated thereby removing any type of sagging and dullness. So when you are choosing different moisturizing and cleansing products, it is important that you must go with those products that provide hydration formulas. Also, it is important that you must drink about 8-10 glasses of water every day.
4) Avoiding direct exposure to heat: A lot of exposure to heat can cause collagen breakdown and inflammation of the skin; hence it is important to avoid exposing your skin to different types of intense heat, including Sun. You must protect your skin from other extreme conditions to keep it in the best shape as possible.
5) Vitamins on the skin: Intake of a balanced and healthy diet is essential; however, there are more ways in which you can enrich your skin with the necessary vitamins. There are anti-oxidants containing creams and serums which provide the essential ingredients which help in nourishing the skin. The intake of these vitamins through external application can help in repairing the damage to the skin caused by the Sun. The best time to apply these vitamin-based creams is after you have finished cleansing, which will help the skin soak it properly.
6)Healthy diet: The habit of eating a healthy diet is one of the fundamental requirements for healthy and glowing skin. You must consume a lot of greens and fruit juices with veggies. You must go with the low-fat food which has a high amount of glycemic index.
As an additional way of skincare, you must wear sunscreen to protect your skin from UV exposure. These are some simple ways in which you can do your basic skincare.